Senior Brown Bag Program
About The Senior Brown Bags
For over 46 years, the (SBB) Senior Brown Bag program has been delivering bags of nutritious supplemental groceries to at-risk seniors throughout San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties. To promote healthy living, twice a month, the bags are filled with 15-18 pounds of supplemental groceries, including 7-9 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables. Seniors sign up for this Program at specific locations closer to their homes to make it easier for them to receive the food bags. Second Harvest also offers home delivery to those that are homebound.
You must be 60 years old and your income must fall in line with the categories below:
- You may only be a member of ONE brown bag site.
- Sign ups are done at each location.
- You must sign up to ensure a bag.
- Single income less than $2,542 per month.
- Joint income less than $2,904 per month.